Friday, October 25, 2013

DON'T BE GOOD...BE GREAT

S-Dot for The S-Dot Files



Booker Taliaferro Washington (1865-1915) instilled the highest aspirations in those on the lowest rungs of society, not despite their challenges, but rather in spite of them. He was motivator who espoused self-reliance as a paradigm for change during his “Sunday Evening Talks.” Mr. Washington has been one of my lifelong “mentors” who has taught me the importance of working smarter. I’d like to share this daily affirmation I say to myself in front of the mirror from his audio book/book “Character Building” which I listen to repeatedly. Oftentimes, I fall asleep with it playing in my headphones so that his powerful words can seep into my unconscious mind, and I awaken with a renewed level of commitment to going to the next-level of achievement.

“I am not going to be conquered by life, mean thoughts, words and acts any longer. Hereafter all my thoughts, all my words, all my acts, shall be large, generous, high, pure.” – Booker T. Washington, Character Building

#DontBeGoodBeGreat

No comments: